Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Festivities

This Easter brought some new and fund traditions our way.

In our neighborhood, there is a special Easter Egg Hunt in memory of a wonderful man, father, husband, and friend.

I don't quite know how it began, but the whole neighborhood is invited to celebrate the life and memory of their old neighbor and share a wonderful time with his sweet wife and family. It is held in one of the cul-de-sacs in the neighborhood, which makes it easy to barricade and safe for the kids. We felt honored to be invited to this special hunt. I didn't know quite what to expect, but it was one of the BEST Easter hunts EVER.
Everyone was to bring a bag full of candy to stash before the hunt began. Putting candy in plastic eggs was an option, but not mandatory. I left early to hide our contribution and thought I walked into candyland.




There were eggs on every nook and cranny, on mailboxes, in flower beds, on door knobs, in holes in the dirt. Not to mention the candy scattered on the grass the covered almost every inch of every yard. It was amazing!

When it was time for the kids to come, I was overcome with the mass of people that were there. What a great way to celebrate and remember a wonderful man!After the hunt began, I gave Talon a moment to get ahead of me so I didn't get bulldozed by kids. When I caught up to him, his basket was ALREADY FULL! So I gave him Maylee's and he quickly filled that one up too (this time being a little more selective). It was so much fun and definately memorable.

I can see where this is going! Check out the candy in the other hand! : )


1 comment: