Friday, October 9, 2009

Western Day

At Talon's preschool they have a celebration called "WESTERN DAY." I had heard Talon singing numberous songs around the house and even in the bathroom (I think that's every childs favorite singing room : ). I then received an invitation for Western Day. I asked Talon what Western Day was and he wasn't quite sure what to expect either. The children were requested to dress up in cowboy garb and Talon was super excited when Aunt Shannon showed up with boots, a shirt, and bandanda (thanks Shan: ). I let Talon wear my cowboy hat (which should actually be his because he wears it more) and off to school he went. When it was time for me to come, the school reps ushered the parents into an assembly room.
When Talon walked in, this is what I saw. I couldn't stop laughing!!! They had made vests and paper mustaches for the boys.
He made such a cute cowpoke.


















He did have some issues keeping his mustache on. Thank goodness for super glue (just kidding ; )



The Western Day festivities included the kids singing and dancing and the principal telling stories. It was great. The kids were able to see a real horse that came to visit the school, roast marshmallows over an artificial fire, and eat flapjacks with syrup. On the way home, Talon informed me that "Western day is the coolest!" I agree.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! He makes a good cowboy! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are ADORABLE! It was fun catching up on your blog. I hope that everything is going well for you guys! I LOVE you and MISS you so much! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH!!! I can't stop giggling!!! He is the CUTEST Cowboy I've EVER ever EVER seen! Thank you so much for posting this! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this. i have the biggest dumb grin on my face because he looks so rad. what awesome teachers to come up with that! i'm not gonna lie. i want a homemade paper mustache.

    ReplyDelete